a roadtrip to philadelphia



Saturday morning in Brooklyn, and roadtrip time!!!


Isabelle & Virginia.




We started our morning with delicious bagels in the sun.


And then we left New York with a car full of gorgeous women (if I may say so myself) and a not small amount of snacks (SERIOUSLY THOUGH CHEDDAR & SOUR CREAM WHY DON'T WE HAVE THIS IN SWEDEN). The niffler likes crisps, too!


First stop: Philadelphia! Where we visited Virginia's aunt and her wife, who are cat breeders, and have a house full of these beautiful Devon Rex cats.





They're so soft!


It was so much fun just sitting there chatting in their living room. I'm not very adventurous as you know, and just being in someone's home, in a foreign country talking about life and cultural differences truly is adventure enough for me. It's SO interesting and fulfilling.






In the afternoon we took a walk and did a mini version of sightseeing in Philadelphia.




Things were American, historical and stuff. We looked at a broken bell which was some sort of symbol of freedom and I was like: you guys, this is cracked. Is no one getting the hint? Really?




So this thing about everything being ridiculously big in the US? It is SO TRUE. Just look at this ice cream cup, it's "small". Whaaat. This is NOT a small amount of ice cream. I mean, I'm happy with it, because ice cream, but still.


My crew!


And then we drove to Washington DC with the niffler proudly watching over us. More on that in the next post!

Joni Mitchell | Night Ride Home

No comments :

Post a Comment